art with code

2009-11-05

Started porting Canvas3D tests to WebGL

I started porting Canvas3D tests over to WebGL this morning (apparently insomnia helps.) I've been intending to do that since the summer, but never really got started. Better late than never, eh.

I've been testing the Firefox implementation. If there's a way to test WebKit's WebGL on Linux, I'd be most interested in hearing that.

The Firefox implementation has changed somewhat from the last time I worked on it, so I found some new bugs too :) BindFramebuffer is checking its argument against wrong constants, Tex[Sub]Image2D is quite broken for non-image arguments and some functions don't bork on bad data. Plus a fuzzer segfault and an on-exit segfault (didn't trace those yet.)

I still have around half the existing tests to port... Something to do this afternoon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you don't know now: use Chromium trunk build (http://build.chromium.org/buildbot/snapshots/chromium-rel-linux/), scroll down and use the parameters --enable-webgl --no-sandbox

Ilmari Heikkinen said...

Didn't know that, thanks!

Ooh, it works too.

Blog Archive