art with code

2008-11-28

Filezoo, 16.1: rewrite, dev env screenie


Per request, here's what my development environment looks like. I'm using Kate as the text editor and compiling the code from the shell. I also have a browser window open for looking up docs and wasting precious time.

Kate is nice in that it has a list of open files, a filesystem browser, and the usual bunch of editor features (autocomplete names, indent by tab, unindent by shift-tab, comment out selection with ctrl-D.) I've no idea about Real Programmer's Text Editors. Or IDEs for that matter.

On the Filezoo front, got the rewrite just about done. It's working in a draw-loop blocking fashion at the moment, making it poll with a timer next. Then... tests? And a config manager? And new features?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

woah! what window manager is that?

Ilmari Heikkinen said...

It's FVWM with a custom theme, I've got a small writeup here.

Blog Archive